Saturday, November 11, 2017

Introducing Winter Woolens & Snowfall Style

Surprise! I have the pleasure of joining Papertrey's November release countdown (and the next few months, too)! I'll be attempting to {partly} fill Dawn McVey's shoes while she continues her organ transplant recovery. If you're not already following Dawn's journey, follow her on Instagram: @dawnsing. She continually amazes me with her faith, strength, and overall positivity!

So, on to Papertrey's release countdown! It's Day Two already, so if you missed yesterday, you can get all caught up HERE

Today's featured products are Snowfall Style (stamps, dies, stencils), designed by Heather Nichols and Winter Woolens (stamps and dies), designed by Lizzie Jones. I have a few projects I'm sharing today!

All of the new products will be available on November 15 at 10pm Eastern Time in the Papertrey Ink store. 


For my first card, I was inspired by the rustic, yet elegant Scandinavian style. I started with a Kraft background, added some white inking around the perimeter and white splatter, then wrapped some linen thread around the background panel a few times. I die-cut two Snowfall Style I snowflakes from silver glitter paper and placed them on the background, trimming off the overhang.


Next comes those darling Winter Woolens. Lizzie designed the set with multiple patterns that you can stamp onto a sweater, hat, and mittens. So fun to play with different pattern and color combos!

Here, I die-cut the sweater from smooth watercolor paper, stamped and white embossed the design, and watercolored with Soft Stone re-inker. I like the variegation in the sweater that I got with the watercoloring (as opposed to just white embossing onto Soft Stone card stock). Once the watercoloring was dry, I stamped the red lines. 


For the hat, I die-cut in Pure Poppy card stock, white embossed the pattern, then added some Pure Poppy shading to one side using a sponge dauber.

Lots of options for sentiments in this set, too. The three larger-font sentiments stand alone or can be mixed with the smaller script sentiments for even more variety. For example, you could make this a birthday card just by changing "from our home to yours" to "on your winter birthday." 

Stamps: Winter Woolens
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black, Soft Stone, Versamark
Paper: Rustic White, Classic Kraft, and Pure Poppy card stock; 
watercolor paper; silver glitter paper
Dies: Winter Woolens, Snowfall Style I, *banner die coming later this release*
Other: natural linen thread, white acrylic paint, foam tape



 

Next is a monochromatic take using all those beautiful blues in the Papertrey color family. I started with a Dark Indigo (my favorite!) background panel and gave it a fine splatter using white acrylic paint. Next I die-cut a bunch of the Winter Woolens pieces and went to town stamping all the different colors and patterns.


I adhered the images randomly to cover the background, trimming off the overhang. Here the sentiment has been stamped onto a stitched banner (from the Tag Sale: Quilted die set).


For one last touch, I adhered some tiny acrylic snowflake embellishments in the open areas. 

Stamps: Winter Woolens
Ink: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo
Paper: Stamper’s Select White and Dark Indigo card stock
Dies: Winter Woolens, Tag Sale: Quilted
Other: white acrylic paint, acrylic snowflakes




  

And last up for today, I couldn't resist die-cutting those Winter Woolens from some of Papertrey's wool felt. Aren't they adorable?! I cut the hat and mittens from both Sweet Blush and Smokey Shadow felt, then just trimmed down the bands and layered them for contrast.


Behind the hat, mittens, and sentiment is another pair of the gorgeous Snowfall Style snowflakes. There are two different die sets: Snowfall Style I and Snowfall Style II, and each set comes with a large and a small die. Here I'm using just the small die from Snowfall Style II.


I adhered the snowflakes just in the middle, then pulled the points forward for some dimension. Everything is adhered to a stitched border Soft Stone panel, which has been splattered with white paint. 

Stamps: Winter Woolens
Ink: Sweet Blush, True Black
Paper: Stamper’s Select White, Soft Stone card stock; vellum card stock
Dies: Winter Woolens, Snowfall Style; Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical
Other: Sweet Blush and Smokey Shadow felt, True Black baker’s twine, white acrylic paint



  
That's it for me today! For lots more Winter Woolens & Snowfall Style inspiration from the Papertrey team, visit the Day 2 Countdown post on the Papertrey Ink blog!


8 comments:

Sandy Kay said...

Cute cards! So nice that you're able to fill in for Dawn for a bit. I've really missed your PTI projects!

AnitaR said...

Love these cards, Amy, especially the blues!

Alina said...

I just love everything about your cards, Amy!

Kelly S said...

Awesome cards, Amy! Love the colors you chose. So happy to see you subbing :)!!

Kathy Mc said...

Yay, Amy, you have been missed and so happy to see you back in the lineup in Dawn's absence. All three cards are so striking and learned some new tricks from you. Why don’t I ever place die-cuts along the edges and trim them? Loved your results!

Susi said...

SO happy that you are back to inspire us all with your wonderful PTI creations, if only for a while, Amy! ALWAYS love your cards, and these beauties are no exception.

Lisa S. said...

So sincerely happy to see your PTI cards. You’re a wonderful designer and all these cards are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Amy your projects are beautiful! Part of what tipped me over the edge to firmly add Winter Woolens to my list!