Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summertime Inspirations


Get ready for some sizzle! We're turning up the heat for today's Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown! Iconic tropical images get a gorgeous hand-painted look thanks to Nichole's Some Like It Hot stamps and dies. Tropical foliage and brush lettered sentiments mixed with tribal-inspired geometrics? Maile's got it covered with Tropics and Tropics Sentiments. I had so much fun creating with these lush tropical images!

All of the new products will be available at 10 pm ET on July 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.



My first project features Nichole's Some Like It Hot stamps and dies, as well as Maile's new Cover Plate: Scallops die (which I LOVE).


The images are all designed with a multi-step approach for easy stamp layering. The hibiscus make such a dramatic floral cluster! And the flamingo looks so regal standing watch!


For a sentiment, I found a stacked Sunshine die-cut in my spare parts box, and knew it would be perfect. It's been floating around with other leftovers for a while now, and as a result, the dot for the "i" is long gone. A yellow enamel dot fills in nicely! "You are my" comes from the Hello Sunshine stamp set. The pair of clouds is from the Sunshine & Rainbows Make It Market Mini Kit

The background panel is watercolor paper that I ink-blended, splashed, and splattered before adding a white Cover Plate: Scallops die-cut on top.



StampsSome Like It HotHello Sunshine

DiesSome Like It Hot, Cover Plate: Scallops, SunshineSunshine & Rainbows Make It Market Mini Kit

Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Orange Zest, Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow, True Black

Paper: white card stock; watercolor paper

Other: ink blending tool and foam, Mister Huey's white opaque mist






Next up is a look at Maile's Tropics. I always enjoy crafting with greens and foliage of any type, but I don't think I have anything else with such a uniquely tropical look. These images are an especially welcome addition to my collection. 


The brush stroke sentiments, each with companion dies available, are so gorgeous. And there are so many sentiments included it honestly feels like two sets in one!



I used one of the tribal-inspired geometrics in the background. It is heat embossed in white, then I  watercolored over it. The new color, Cocoa Bean, is a beautifully rich backdrop for these intense colors, too. I accented with a sprinkling of flowers from Some Like It Hot, along with a pair of wood veneer hearts.


StampsTropics, Some Like It Hot

DiesTropics, Tropics Sentiments, Some Like It Hot, Songbirds

Ink: Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, Ocean Tides, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, True Black, Cocoa Bean

Paper: watercolor paper; white, Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz card stock

Other: watercolors, wood veneer hearts, binder clip




For more Summertime inspiration, visit the Papertrey team:



Thanks for visiting today!



SaveSave
SaveSave

15 comments:

jan metcalf said...

GORGEOUS! Love the water color look of the hibiscus!! Fabulous colors!

Dishtowel Dame said...

Absolutely beautiful cards! Such a tropical summer pop!

Marybeth said...

Absoultly gorgeous! Love the colors of your first card!

Nora Noll said...

These are stunning!! LOVE your color choices and all the layering!

Dianne said...

JUST GORGEOUS - and I love the new header for your blog!

Diana K said...

I'm declaring you winner of the day. And this on a day where every single DT member outdid themselves! Amy, I'm in love with your gorgeous tropical cards. :)

TLady said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS WORK, AMY!!!!! I LOOOOOVE the flowers & the greenery is arranged WONDERFULLY!!!!! WOW!! You DEFINITELY ENJOYED these new goodies! LOL You've made them SHINE!!!! ;)

karenb said...

These are gorgeous, Amy!!!!

aggiesgirl said...

Simply stunning work, after seeing what you have done with these cards I really need the stamps and dies.

Leslie S. said...

Absolutely beautiful! You've outdone yourself!!

Lynne said...

Amy - I always look forward to what you do with the stamps and you never disappoint. Just lovely!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

As usual GORGEOUS Creations!!!! It's somewhat funny, I live in Puerto Rico as you know, and the images
are not my favorite, maybe because I see them every day and take them for granted, but I can CERTAINLY
appreciate AWESOME work as yours! The color combos and the composition are OUTSTANDING,kudos for you!

Cariños,
María Alba

Cindy G. said...

I love ALL your creations! So beautiful!

Kathy Mc said...

I guess you've turned up the heat, Amy. Your tropical, artistic creations are just striking. Great color combos and perfect layering. Love them!

Lisaerica said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy! The colors are perfect and I love the ombré sunshine, great trick with the dot. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.