Monday, June 6, 2016

Moments Inked Planner: Summer Bucket List

Second post today. If you're looking for Reverse Confetti's Countdown to Confetti, Day Two, click HERE, or scroll down.


Today's post is for my fellow planner peeps! I've been having a lot of fun this year decorating my Papertrey Ink Moments Inked Planner and creating fun, functional, and colorful inserts. Today I'm excited to share my newest insert: my family's 2016 Summer Bucket List.

For the title, I die-cut letters to spell out "summer" in some of the Papertrey planner colors using Bookprint Alphabet dies. The "bucket list" letters are all stamped with Type Strips II letters onto a Type Bits Strip die-cut. 

Side note, these little Type Strips alphabets are perfect for customizing stamped words, titles, sentiments, etc. The whole alphabet (and then some) stamps in just one impression, and then you can just snip off the letters you need. Each of the Type Strips stamp sets has three font choices as well. Such a great value!

Also, if you happen to own Monthly Moments: June, then you already have a "summer bucket list" sentiment stamp!



I couldn't resist incorporating the Dress Up Dolls images. This sweet girl is adorned with various summertime elements from the Dress Up Dolls: Summer Fun stamps and dies. I did all my coloring with Copic markers.



Along the left are stamped checkboxes. The circle image is from the Moments Inked: Posted stamp set. I selectively inked just one circle repeatedly, so that I could get the specific, every-other-row placement. 

The lined paper is a lined binder refill page. These come in packs of 25, and are the same linen texture and paper weight as the rest of the planner. (There are graph binder refill pages too.)



Rather than die-cut titles for each page, I just did one title, then trimmed off the top of the first page, so that the same title works for both pages.



I stamped more checkboxes on the back side as well. If my kids get ambitious with our list, we can always add another page or pages.



Behind the bucket list page is a simple highlights page that we can fill out at the end of the summer. There's room here for a top three list and a favorite photo.



The stamped portions (other than the dress up doll) all come from the Moments Inked: Remembered stamp set. The boy was done with the Dress Up Dolls: Basics and Dress Up Dolls: Summer Fun stamps and dies.

I like incorporating little bits of memory keeping within my planner. Sometimes it's on the weekly spreads, and other times, like here, I create a more dedicated space for it.

To make the page easy to find, I made a felt Bow Clip using Summer Sun and Harvest Gold felt.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy planning!


2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love it, Amy!
We were at our local Bible camp yesterday for a Family Fun Day and while Sage was riding a horse, I said to Jonah that we should come up with a summer bucket list. His first suggestion: play laser tag at least twice. ;)

Kristin said...

Love this so much! I made a summer fun list before our vacation but now that we are back I can do something more involved:)